2020 Volume 8 Issue 3

Experience And Awareness Of Dental Patients Towards The Root Canal Treatment; A Cross-Sectional Study Done In Saudi Arabia


Ibrahim S. Faya, Sultan H. Alasbali, Faisal H. Alosaimi, Abdulrahman I. Almujalli, Thamer A. Algannass, Shahzeb H. Ansari
Abstract

Introduction: To manage an endodontic case, the patient must know enough regarding the treatment which they have to undergo. The patient must understand how important it is for him to respond to all the visits which are prescribed to him by the dentist.

Materials & Methods: This is a survey-based study done in Jeddah as well as Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The survey was designed using Google forms. The link for the survey was distributed among the Saudi adults having at least 1 root canal treatment previously. This was kept as the inclusion criteria of the sample. A total of 528 Saudi citizens took part in this study.

Results: About 42% of the people in this survey were males and the rest of the 58% were females. The number of female participants was more. Moreover, the age group which was consulted more was that from 18 years to 30 years. The comparison of survey responses based on gender shows that majority of the differences were statistically significant.

Conclusion: Females tend to be more concerned about toothache and self-referral to the dentist. They recalled their RCT experience significantly well as compared with the males and believed that the cost can affect their decision whether to go for RCT or other alternatives.


How to cite this article
Faya I S, Alasbali S H, Alosaimi F H, Almujalli A I, Algannass T A, Ansari S H. Experience And Awareness Of Dental Patients Towards The Root Canal Treatment; A Cross-Sectional Study Done In Saudi Arabia. Annals of Dental Specialty 2020;8(3):55-9
Issue 1 Volume 9 - 2021
Call for Papers